Job Type: Full-time
Location: Woodstock, GA
Commotion Engine helps organizations communicate important messages through high quality animated videos, motion graphics, presentations, and infographics. Our clients range from major players like Amazon, LinkedIn, and Dropbox, to medium software companies, and even some startups. Our passion is to simplify complex ideas and create amazing content that helps our clients educate and persuade their target audiences.
We are looking for a motion graphics designer who can help us produce animated explainer videos for our customers. This job primarily involves animating 2d graphics in After Effects, storyboarding, designing simple vector artwork, and basic video and audio editing. Because we are a small team, we highly value versatility, initiative, go-getter attitudes, and the ability to work independently to satisfy client requirements. Please view our videos page for examples of what we produce.
- Animating 2D explainer videos / motion graphics for a wide range of projects
- Understanding scripts and storyboards, and accurately implementing requirements
- Designing and creating rough storyboards
- Creating simple vector illustration elements for animation
- Mixing sound effects, music, and other audio elements to enhance video impact
- Occasional video editing on live action content
- Following company practices for version control, file naming, and organization
- Remaining positive when designs are changed or direction is modified mid project
- Working with a team to complete projects on schedule
- Preparing budget and timeline estimates for project deliverables
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects, Illustrator, and Premiere.
- Strong understanding of 2d motion design, animation essentials, timing, flow, etc
- Ability to animate simple 2d characters in After Effects
- Understanding of design and composition
- Some knowledge of typography and appropriate use of brand colors, images and fonts.
- Excellent communication, and team working skills
- Ability to work with deadlines and budget restrictions
- Bonus: Experience with Cinema 4d
- Bonus: Experience with project management
Please apply via the form or email@example.com